Installation video of a rental bridge over the Panama Canal, september 2015.
MATIERE® PANEL BRIDGE (MPB)
Matière® Panel Bridge is a modern and advanced development of “Bailey” type bridges:
• modular structure;
• consisting of interchangeable standard components;
• spans up to 61m.
With only a reduced team and basic equipment necessary for its assembly, the MPB is a bridge suitable for all type of situations: permanent bridges for secondary network, temporary bridges, emergency bridges for military or civilian purposes (storage option for crisis response).
MPB, a new generation of steel panel bridge is designed according to International Standards (AASHTO, Eurocodes, …). It is the latest addition to Matière® high quality modular systems’ range, it complies with the following specifications:
• the MPB is made of lateral panels of 3.05m (L) x 2.29m (H) and transversal beams;
• standard lane width (3.15m) as well as extra-wide lane (4.20m) and double lane (7.35m), it can be fitted with a safe pedestrian walkway either inside or outside the truss;
• all components are hot-dip galvanized;
• decking with raised pattern galvanised steel plates or with anti-skid coating;
• MPB bridges are transported in standard containers.
Two methods of installation are possible with the Matière® Panel Bridge:
• craning: faster and easier installation of the MPB;
• launching: when the site does not allow crane access, the MPB can be launched across the gap.
• both of these implementation methods are provided by Matière®.
The Company provides on-site technical assistance if required.