Realization of metal structures for SEMAPA
Created more than 30 years ago, the Society of Mixed Economy of Paris, better known under the name of SEMAPA is in charge of the urban development and the contracting in the Ile-de-France region.
SEMAPA slab T4T5T6 5 (Paris 13th):
The works on the Concerted Development Area (ZAC) Paris Left Bank in the Tolbiac sector T4T5T6 provide the construction of:
– Supports islets T5A, T5B, T6A and T6B
– Supports and slabs of public spaces EP2, EP3 and EP4
– The extension slab of the Avenue de France between the lines 9 and 10
– A cover work between Avenue de France, Bd Vincent Auriol (T4 slab).
This structure will support the widening of the Avenue de France between Boulevard Vincent Auriol and Albert Gance Street and the T4 esplanade. The entire T4T5T6 cover is overhanging the Austerlitz railway in the Tolbiac sector.
Matière® oversees the realization of the metal structures of the EP2, EP3 and EP4 public spaces, as well as that of the T4 zone 7 slab.
All the metal frames are manufactured in our workshops Charmes in the Vosges (88). These are mixed steel – concrete structures, composed of a reinforced concrete slab and metal beams. The metal structure consists of ladder beams.
- T4 slab zone 7: 4 ladder beams – I-beams with a length varying from 42 to 48 m and a constant height of 2 m. The spacing between beam ladders is 3.2 m and the total weight is 460 T.
- EP2: 2 ladder beams – The PRS have a length of 36 to 38 m and a variable height of 1.9 to 3 m. The distance between ladder beams is 5 m. The 2 ladder beams will be interconnected by spacers and diaphragms. The total weight of this set is 200 T.
- EP3: 2 ladder beams – I-beams with a length of 36 to 38 m and a variable height of 2.3 to 3.2 m. The spacing between ladder beams is 5 m. The 2 ladder beams will be interconnected by spacers and diaphragms and their total weight is 205 T.
- EP4: 4 ladder beams – PRS are 50 m long and 1.6 to 2.6 m high. The spacing between ladder beams is 2 m. The 2 ladder beams will be interconnected by spacers and diaphragms and the total weight is 410 T.
Transport and assembly:
The ladder beams are transported at night by an exceptional half scale convoy. The unloading is also carried out at night with a 130 T crane. Because of the assembly in urban area and the small mounting areas, the storage of the ladder beams was made by stacking. Welding and painting on site are done by day.
Positioning of metallic structures:
The installation of the ladder beams is carried out under railway breaking of 2 consecutive hours. This niche allows us to put one beam ladder per night. Because of the weight of the packages (140 T maximum) and the laying range (40 m approximately), the lifting gear required for these services is a 750 T lattice crane equipped with a Superlift. This crane was positioned between the Austerlitz railway and the F station (Halle Freyssinet) for the installation of the T4 slab 7 zone beams, and it will be positioned on the Avenue de France for Public Spaces (EP).
The first ladder beam was laid on the night of Friday 16th to Saturday 17th March. The crane required 1 week of assembly and 1 week of disassembly (night work). In addition, due to the frequent passage of vehicles and the proximity of Station F, the Superlift was assembled and dismounted every night for safety reasons.
The framework of the T4 zone 7 slab was put in place from Monday 19th to Friday 23rd March. Public Spaces (EP) will be set up during June and July.